Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Get Real NY and other events....

Get Real NY, Atlantic Antic, Brooklyn Flea, and a whole lotta parties put me into cupcake overload this last weekend.
As much as I love fall for it's spicy flavors, colder weather (no melting!!!!), and onslaught of family and holidays, I sometimes forget all the hard work that comes with all it's coziness. This last weekend quickly made me remember....

First thing on the agenda: prep batter and frosting.

Here is megan presenting 39 pounds of frosting to the camera......I would love to go back and show this picture to 6 year old keavy.

This is what 180 dozen cupcakes looks like.

And here is the end product of all our hard work. Aren't they so purdy.

Setting up all the casks at Get Real NY

At least at the end of it all I got to sit down with more than a few really delicious beers. I even got "Dr. Bill" - a pairer from San Diego - to pair my cupcakes with different beers at the event. They all worked beautifully, and I highly suggest playing around if you can get your hands on any of the beers (and cupcakes) I've listed below.....

DR. BILL'S DIAGNOSIS:
P.B. Banana Honey Cupcake paired with Blue Point Toxic Sludge
Pumpkin Cupcake paired with Smuttynose Chai Porter
Lemon Lavender Cupcake paired with Bruery Mischief
Chocolate with Salted Caramel Cupcake paired with Flying Dog Gonzo
and
Red Velvet Cupcake paired with Heavy Seas Prosit Imperial Pilsner


Alright....time to start prepping for next weekend.
xo
Keavy

No comments: