Friday, January 22, 2010

Launch Party @ One Hanson Place

Last night my cupcakes and I were invited to the grand opening of the event space at One Hanson Place.....it was pretty darn impressive. The architecture and layout of the space is mind blowing. I didn't bring my camera with me but I was able to snap off a few pictures of the space with my iphone. I'm not sure what was more jarring, the downstairs vault emptied out and drowned in black light, or the bartenders serving martinis from the teller windows.


I got word from Eric Demby (mastermind behind the Brooklyn Flea), who was also there last night, that one of the creators of the PBS New York City series is going to be joining us at 3pm tomorrow afternoon to give a speech about the history of the building. I'm super excited, and hope I can sneak away from the vault to hear some of it.
Also at the event was the lovely couple behind NuNu Chocolate. If you haven't been to their store on Atlantic Ave, go right now, you will not be disappointed.

See you tomorrow at the market!
Keavy

No comments: