Thursday, July 22, 2010

Serious Eats Cupcake Competition

How much fun is this?? I'm a long time fan of Serious Eats, and have always loved their "best.....in NY" competitions. So when I learned that we were part of one, I was just tickled. Out of 47 bakeries we were picked to be part of the final 12 favs. We ended up getting 5th place (which is not too shabby for a cupcake shop with no actual location!), but Baked took the prize and won best overall cupcake. Now, I've tried Baked's cupcakes and think they are pretty good - whether I would eat one of their cupcakes over one of ours? well, no comment.




The 12 finalists....
Buttercup Bake Shop
Sweet Revenge
Robicelli's
Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Tribeca Treats
Tonnie's Minis
Amy's Bread
Kumquat Cupcakery
Spot
Chickalicious Dessert Bar
Two Little Red Hens
Baked

No comments: