Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kumquats!



The other day I went out and bought a whole slew of Kumquats just for myself, and set right to work seeing what this strange little fruit can do.
Although I still have yet to create the perfect Kumquat Cupcake recipe, I did find out that their skins are amazingly beautiful, and so much fun to play with. Here are just some of the shapes I was able to create from the tiny Kumquat skin (which happens to be the sweetest part of the fruit!).


As I very excitedly exclaimed in the blog below, Kumquat Cucakery was mentioned on Martha Stewart yesterday. Rachel Krammer Bussel of Cupcakes Take The Cake told Martha that her favorite cupcakes were our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. Knowing how many cupcakes this fine lady has tried, I'm going to take that as a pretty darn good compliment.


-Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
-Strawberries & Creme Cupcakes

No comments: