Friday, November 16, 2007

Salt Water Taffy Cupcakes

Sorry I've been so bad about posting this last week! Let me try to get back up to speed.....

Here are a couple pictures of cupcakes I baked for a birthday party who's theme was "The Sea." Instead of drawing two dozen fish on the tops of the cupcakes, I thought it would be way more fun for the kids if I dressed up the cupcakes to look like salt water taffy. All the cupcakes were vanilla with various different frostings: strawberry, raspberry, orange, banana, and chocolate. I think they turned out so cute.

This one in particular was raspberry.




I also want to report that the Artists & Fleas market went really well yesterday. We completely sold out of all the cupcakes! I unfortunately don't have any pictures to share, because my camera is broken, but here's the list of flavors we were selling. The pumpkin ones seemed to be the winner.

-Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting and Candied Pumpkin Seeds
-Vanilla Cupcakes with a Lemon Cream Filling and Raspberry Frosting
-Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Frosting

I'll be back at the market this next Saturday after Thanksgiving and am looking for requests on what flavors of cupcakes to make.

Any ideas?

<3 Keavy

No comments: